Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Author Sterling Whitaker Explains "The Grand Delusion"


Some time ago I received an e-mail from an author who had written a comprehensive biography of the band Styx. The author, Sterling Whitaker, had asked me if I'd like to check out the book titled "The Grand Delusion: The Unauthorized True Story of Styx". I love music related biographies, so I said sure. I was blown away by the material in this book. Sterling gives incredible insight into the inner workings of Styx through interviews with the band members, their inner circle (former managers, friends, record label types, etc.), and those that were there for the highs and lows of Styx's 30 plus year career. Sterling presents this information in an organized, readable fashion and does a great job with all the details. By the end of the book, you'll know more about Styx than you had ever hoped - maybe you'll even come away with added respect for the effort that it took to get this band to the top. In this new July 2008 interview I talk with Sterling about the book in detail. Take a listen and hear what he has to say about the treasure trove of Styx info that is this book. Thanks to Sterling for the chat - and pick up his book at www.thegranddelusion.com.

Listen To The July 2008 Interview With Author Sterling Whitaker:

No comments: